The Assistant HR Manager will report to the HR Manager and will take responsibility for providing counselling to employees to motivate and create an understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Providing advice to management on matters regarding industrial relations and maintaining harmonious relationships between management and staff as well as helping to settle grievances between individuals or staff and management.
- Developing, coordinating and directing employee relations activities for the organisation by performing various duties in close coordination with the HR team.
- Representing management in interacting with employees and the Employee Committee (EC).
- Conducting investigations independently; dealing with disciplinary actions and resolving grievances in close coordination with line managers.
- Verifying adherence to terms of labour contracts by monitoring day-to-day implementation.
- Providing reference documents and statistical data and developing reports or proposals to facilitate high level decision making.
- Taking lead in the preparation for CBA negotiations and designing, proposing and implementing effective internal communication through announcements and newsletters, etc.
- Advising on government regulations, e.g. minimum wages, terms and conditions of working, etc.
- Advising all departments on potential rules and regulations and disciplinary actions.
- Developing and implementing documentation in relation to disciplinary actions.
- Coordinating with various government departments in relation to compliance reviews.
- Verifying facts / legal documentation regarding employee discharge.
- Taking charge of investigations regarding any violations of company policies.
- Proposing and implementing ER policies and relevant strategies and developing relationships with employees and the EC.
- Providing advice to management regarding various activities that will benefit employee relations.
- Developing and conducting employee surveys and analysing the results to provide suggestions for improvement and resolving any welfare issues in close coordination with the HR team to ensure the smooth execution of welfare administration, including daily transportation for employees, the canteen and health insurance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferably in Law, Human Resource Management, Political Science or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in employee relations from within the manufacturing sector.
- Experience working in the employee relations field within a unionized company is a must.
- A good knowledge of labour laws and labour relations is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and result-oriented.
- Good English communication skills is a must.
Our client offers an attractive benefits package, a housing allowance, provident fund, health insurance, a bonus and a five day working week.