- Being responsible for all accounting functions and controlling activities relating to AP, AR, cash flow forecasts and cash management.
- Supervising, managing and controlling all accounting and finance transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policies.
- Conducting transaction reconciliations, month-end closures and year-end closures, and preparing all related financial reports
- Overseeing and controlling reporting activities.
- Being responsible for projections, annual planning and outlook information requests.
- Being responsible for overall management of working capital improvements and cash flow management
- Developing and monitoring internal controls and ensuring that accounting activities are in accordance with legal, government and company policies.
- Implementing global finance policies, procedures and processes to improve effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy of financial information.
- Managing all tax matters including income tax, tax returns, tax refunds and half-year and year-end tax submissions.
- Leading and supervising the team.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, solicitors and bankers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in finance and accounting in the retail industry.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of accounting theories, principles and practices with a hands-on work approach.
- Strong sense of initiative, independent and able to evaluate and prioritize issues and situations.