Our client is a very fast growing international bank. To support their overall business plan, the company is looking for high calibre professionals to effectively run internal processes. Among their open positions is the role of Head of Legal & Compliance.
- Advising senior management on compliance laws, rules and standards, including updating them on changes and developments in this area.
- Continuously monitoring regulatory developments and communicating these developments to the staff of the Bank to ensure appropriate implementation of compliance laws, rules and standards through policies, procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Educating staff on compliance issues and acting as a contact point within the bank for compliance queries from staff.
- Supporting a compliance culture and promoting an environment that encourages reporting of compliance concerns.
- Developing and implementing an annual compliance program to identify, documents and assess the compliance risks of the bank.
- Monitoring the implementation of appropriate remedial or corrective actions to address identified compliance issues where necessary.
- Reporting regulatory breaches monthly (or when needed) to Group Compliance.
- Reporting suspicious accounts and/or suspicious transactions to the regulatory authority (AMLO: Anti-Money Laundering Office, Thailand) and AML/CFT Compliance, Head Office.
- Liaising with banking and financial regulatory authorities on regulatory matters.
- Acting as the Bank’s contact point with AMLO.
- Preparing monthly and annual compliance reports detailing results of the compliance policy reviews, compliance performance of the previous month/year and breaches or non-compliance with laws, rules and regulations (if any), including the status of remedial actions and performance on advice and/or orders from supervisory authorities.
- Preparing the compliance program/plan for the next month/year.
- Facilitating any other tasks that may be assigned by the Board of Directors, management, Head of Overseas Compliance or Head of Group Compliance relating to compliance activities.
- Good knowledge of AML/CFT/KYC rules & regulations and the running of a Compliance Culture.
- Good overview and knowledge of banking operations.
- Good analytical skills.
- Able to write and interpret between Thai and English.
- Mature and a good team player.
- Willing to take on and advisory role.
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes stating present and expected salary & package details via APPLY NOW