Our client is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company that manufactures and sells pharmaceutical formulations and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) primarily in India and the United States. Among their open positions is the role of Marketing Manager.
- Developing plans and strategy of the brand (1 year operational plan and 3-5 year strategic plan).
- Leading the development and execution of a local brand strategy.
- Ensuring timely implementation of the brand activity calendar – including launch time, consumer promotions, POS creation and medical detailing plan.
- Identifying and drawing up any corrective actions required for the brand to ensure brand target achievement.
- Ensuring control over the brand investment for advertising and promotions.
- Working with pharmacy / sales key account management to develop and implement innovative brand plans, including POS (point of sale) material development, planograms, consumer promotions and new product introductions.
- Identifying trade needs and opportunities and developing pricing, distribution strategies and trade promotions for assigned brands in close cooperation with the sales functions and trade marketing.
- Keeping up with the regulatory environment and its implication for the OTC business.
- Identifying and deploying any other communication needs for the brand identified - PR/trade/HCP etc.
- Developing the brand architecture and innovation pipeline at 3 levels:
- New products.
- Working with corporate and local medical teams to develop a medical marketing strategy (KOLs, symposia, etc.) and strong medical marketing materials for both doctors and pharmacists.
- Initiating and managing market research projects to deliver powerful consumer and customer insights as the basis for long-term brand growth; developing these insights into achievable plans.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years of experience in consumer healthcare / OTC / FMCG, that ideally involves spending time in field sales and currently doing a brand marketing role managing a sizable brand / brand portfolio.
- Previously worked in NPDs/innovations
- Good knowledge of related regulatory requirements.
- Have a strong commercial awareness
- Good spoken and written English