- Performing clinical laboratory assays, including Lymphocyte Immunophenotyping, Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Serology and Urinalysis; supporting the departmental research and clinical studies at a level adequate to maintain international laboratory accreditation.
- Performing Molecular Assays, including HIV viral load, HIV-1 DNA/RNA qualitative and CT/GC diagnostic assays.
- Supporting data management and documentation for laboratory records.
- Maintaining quality assurance/quality control data supporting assays.
- Providing laboratory reagent inventory ensuring that the reagents used within the laboratory are within their expiration date.
- Ensuring reporting of assayed results is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining and ensuring all laboratory equipment/devices are working properly and contacting maintenance personnel to fix equipment/devices when they malfunction.
- Conducting all duties and tasks in accordance with all applicable Laboratory Quality guidelines.
- Complying with all applicable Occupational Health and Safety Instructions.
- Performing other tasks and duties as required.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a related field.
- Previous experience is desired.
- Good command of English (speaking, reading and writing).
- Well organized and a good planner.
- Able to work flexible hours.