Our client is one of the largest conglomerates in Northeast Thailand. The group owns different types of businesses, including manufacturers of starch, ethanol and biogas. The company is looking for a Procurement and Purchasing Manager who is eager to advance the business.
Location: Northeast of Thailand.
- Reporting to the CEO and COO and collaborating frequently with the Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager based in the Northeast of Thailand.
- Negotiating the best purchasing conditions that optimize cost whilst ensuring the purchasing management policies and ethical regulations are applied.
- Managing purchasing and sourcing policies, developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures and putting controls in place to ensure that all units are adhering to these instructions, policies and procedures.
- Procuring products mostly related to liquid processing such as valve, piping and instrument.
- Managing the development and validation of new suppliers and negotiating and obtaining the best possible price, quality and service.
- Supporting procurement initiatives for the company, interfacing with strategic suppliers to solve problems involving pricing, supplier performance or any other matters that may arise whilst reviewing purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or possessing a technical degree. It would be highly advantageous if the candidate has graduated in the engineering field.
- Have considerable experience working at a management level within a petrochemical/eternal and fluid processing manufacturing purchasing environment.
- Strong negotiation, leadership and communication skills, high level of initiative, problem solving skills and able to build relationships.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills