- Developing and executing strategic sourcing initiatives for indirect materials, MRO products and equipment, and, supporting engineering projects and services across the company, and, interfacing with internal customers in order to understand their business requirements. Building and maintaining supplier and contractor relationships with the objective of maximizing value to the business, eliminating inefficiencies throughout the procurement cycle and driving innovation in client’s business cycles.
- Developing requests for information, proposals and quotations. Assisting with the development of detailed scopes of work where necessary. Evaluating, analysing and assessing results, and, preparing commercial bid evaluations and enabling technical colleagues to prepare technical bid evaluations and prepare the Sourcing Recommendation for approval. Communicating results to internal customers as well as suppliers and contractors with the objective of creating strategic business opportunities and maximizing value for the organization.
- Negotiating contracts to meet business requirements and ensuring compliance with all legal standards and company policies. Performing contract completions, contract management and supplier management, and, managing supplier performance in order to meet all quality, delivery, and service requirements. Monitoring and reporting on related industry macroeconomic trends to peers and stakeholders.
- Developing and tracking procurement KPIs / metrics including EBIT cost saving, working capital, inflation, and others as required.
- Building deep industry and category subject matter expertise.
- Working with IT and other departments on continuous improvement projects.
- Supporting the development of policies, procedures, and work instructions, and providing related training to internal stakeholders.
- Implementing MBM for role responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management. Engineering or a related field with preferences given to candidates having an advanced degree.
- Aged not lower than 25 years old (male is preferred).
- At least 5 years of progressive buying experience and strategic procurement experience supporting manufacturing operations. Proficiency in complex negotiations, contract management and strategic sourcing processes and a detailed understanding of natural raw materials, cullet and chemicals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong computer skills (e.g. SAP, MS Offices including Excel, Word and Outlook) are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial terms, including incoterms, and contract law (terms and conditions) is required.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly political environment is critical to the success of this position. Strong planning, organization, analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional customer service and support are essential.
- Confident and comfortable recommending solutions and implement changes. Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Change agent with the ability to lead cross-functional teams without direct authority.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Travel percentage 20% to 40%.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, meal allowance, provident fund, variable bonus and transportation.