The Quality Manager will report to the expatriate General Manager. The main duties and responsibilities are:
- To influence key stakeholders while also coaching and mentoring colleagues in relation to safety & quality initiatives.
- Coordinating quality achievement and performances to improve the productivity throughout the organisation.
- Developing systems and driving Safety, Environment and Quality projects.
- Monitoring performances by gathering relevant data and product statistics, and, evaluating technical reports.
- Inspecting material in-process and final products for quality operations.
- Developing and maintaining the product recipe/formulation and the Quality Control Manual in order to formulate accurate guidelines for all relevant staff e.g. engineers and operators.
- Participating in, and promoting cost reductions, continuous improvement activities, Health and Safety awareness and support to implement TS16949 standards.
- Providing strategic guidance across all Australian manufacturing sites with respect to quality performance and future progression.
- Promoting and drive ‘Best in Class’ quality manufacturing systems within operations.
- Assisting in developing QOS, and, implementing effective documentation, procedures and controls to ensure products are made efficiently and to the desired quality standards.
- Promoting self-managed quality (fool proofing, engineered solutions) and changing business culture to make quality a way of life as opposed to an additional element.
- Achieving best practice, performance & profitability through the effective direction, design & development of current and new manufacturing systems and operational processes.
- Supporting the plant in achieving KPI’s through improving process control, reducing scrap & NRFT, removing NVA activities & implementing Lean manufacturing principles.
- Promoting and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to achieve best in class operational measures of quality & efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or a related field.
- At least 8 years experience in a technical/quality control function from an automotive background at managerial level.
- Good knowledge of quality control, assurance and quality tools (SPC, FMEA, MSA).
- Good understanding of core APQP Tools – FMEA, PCPs and 8D.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders while also coaching and mentoring colleagues about safety & quality initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of ISO/TS16949 and proven quality experience.
- Preferred experience in developing & implementing QOS.
- Excellent in writing, reading and spoken English.
Our client offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a benefits package including a housing allowance, medical insurance, provident fund and a fixed bonus as well as the opportunity to be part of this growing company.
Reference Code: QM1013103
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref.QUALITY MANAGER - Jobsdb fax to 038-494790 #125,by click “Apply Now”