Our client is global medical device distributor. The company is now looking for a suitably experienced person to join it in the position of Regional Field Service Engineer.
- Travelling to SEA countries to install, troubleshoot, and maintain company capital equipment.
- Providing technical product training and basic user training as needed.
- Identifying and analyzing equipment failures; replacing and repairing equipment as needed.
- Supporting customer centric programs, like shows and workshops, as needed.
- Providing remote assistance to customers, FCE and sales to resolve technical issues; escalating to line supervisor if needed.
- Summarizing frequent issues, main causes and optimized solutions for the service data analysis.
- Maintaining a field knowledge matrix, including work instructions, flow charts, layouts, commissioning procedures, bulletins and related technical documentation.
- Working with multiple teams to implement service SOP.
- Documenting the service record and issues in clear manner.
- Being flexible in filling other project roles as required.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Service Engineer in the medical device industry.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware, software, network and physics, while demonstrating strong, hands-on skills in troubleshooting and following work instructions.
- Understanding of technical specifications of medical equipment used in cath labs, clinical fundamentals are a plus.
- Familiar with medical device industry standards, such as ISO13485 and IEC60601.
- A good listener who can understand questions, especially over the phone, and help answer them.
- Able to travel extensively in SEA (up to 80%) on last-minute notice.
- Fluency in English is a must, Chinese is a plus.