Our client is an international company which was established 100 years ago in the USA. They are one of the oldest seafood processors, with products including handmade crab cakes, seafood cakes, shrimp products, crab meat, oysters and fish. They have expanded their plants in the Asian market. The company now requires a Regional QA Director to support its business expansion.
- Preparing direct reports covering Asian and US operations for the management.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to the quality control team.
- Developing training programmes for employees to improve their ability to participate in QA programmes.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring quality systems to ensure safety, consistency and high quality.
- Protecting the company brand.
- Reviewing QC reports, evaluating results, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Managing and improving product traceability, holding and recall procedures.
- Maintaining the company recall manual.
- Conducting mock recalls.
- Overseeing HACCP programme development and maintenance.
- Overseeing supplier quality performance.
- Working with the procurement team to develop sourcing strategies to maximize quality.
- Managing the standards and frequency for lab testing and reporting.
- Evaluating test results, and determining actions to improve raw material quality.
- Establishing and maintaining systems to ensure raw materials meet specifications.
- Administering certification programmes (gluten free, BRC, Siliker).
- Being the primary liaison with regulatory officials.
- Analysing and responding to customer complaints.
- Establishing audit procedures to ensure adherence to standards and conducting periodic plant audits.
- Establishing SOP’s and managing specifications.
- Reporting to the management team on a weekly basis with regards to quality complaints, issues and improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology, Food Science or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in food manufacturing is preferable.
- Able to travel abroad.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food safety programmes.
- A hands-on and practical approach to work.
- Confident with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues.
- Well-organised with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and activities.