Our client’s company is a well-established chemical manufacturing business that has been operating for more than 30 years. The company is now seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Safety & Occupational Health and Environment Manager / EH&S Manager.
- Plan and implement actions to ensure a safe environment and friendly work place in all sections of the plant.
- Manage and implement safety programs, compliance plans and initiatives.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents.
- Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies’ and company’s policies, procedures and practices for environment, health and safety.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with company policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update SOPs for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in day to day training.
- Provide advice, assistance and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Perform and contribute to the site training plans by conducting employee orientations, emergency response training and coordination of modular training programs for the operations.
- Assist with maintaining the site preparedness and emergency plans and procedures.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and implement key environmental projects, HAZOP, environmental monitoring, air & wastewater treatment/management, etc.
- Constantly monitor work of plants and facilities to ensure compliance with ISO 14000, ISO 18000 system and legal requirements related to safety and environment.
- Monitor training program to motivate and encourage all employees to improve safety and environmental awareness.
- Monitor environmental related analysis results, and provide guidance to ancillary departments for proper operation of wastewater treatment and air treatment control systems.
- Manage waste management system.
- Aged 35-45 years old.
- Master or bachelor degree in Safety, Health & Environment or Environmental Engineering.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in management or implementing ISO4001, OHSAS18001 or related standards.
- Experience as a trainer or adviser in this field.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and team player.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Computer proficient.
- Strong leadership, people management, communication and organizational skills.
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes stating present and expected salary & package details by click "APPLY NOW"