Our client is a global leader in and manufacturer of ceramic products. The company is now looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join its team in the position of Senior Manager – Supply Chain.
- Working closely with key functional heads and business leaders to determine current and future supply chain requirements.
- Defining vision and strategy for supply chain organization.
- Defining organizational structure and resource requirements.
- Managing product scheduling and delivery functions across the company.
- Ensuring that manufacturing production levels and volumes are planned in accordance with customer needs and manufacturing capacity and efficiency.
- Managing inventory levels to maximize profitability while ensuring world class response times to customers.
- Leading the sourcing process in obtaining, receiving, inspecting and issuing materials.
- Establishing appropriate internal and external policies for procurement and in concert with divisional management to create supplier management.
- Leading warehousing functions with a focus on delivering high first shipment fill rates, reducing order fulfilment cycle times and reducing order management costs with an overall focus on achieving perfect order fulfilment.
- Planning and implementing the import and export operations of products in a highly cost effective manner.
- Monitoring and managing customer service, technical consultancy and after-sales service which includes improving after-sales service knowledge of both internal and external resources.
- Measuring and tracking performance to achieve best-in-class performance for the company’s national operations.
- Working closely with the finance department to make sure inventory, delivery and shipment dollars/metrics are in alignment with overall financial plans.
- Developing company-wide material supply competencies.
- Partnering with the Global Supply Chain Head in order to have a consistent supply chain strategy, process and language that transcends country boundaries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain Management or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in international supply chain management or logistics organization.
- Experience in a multinational manufacturing company is preferred.
- Ability to drive changes and work across traditional function boundaries.
- Proactive management style, excellent communicator and motivator.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Results driven and possess a passion for continuous improvement.