The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for customer strategic forecasting/order entry, the complete follow through of the manufacturing processing cycle time, participating in determining and implementing long-term strategic objectives with impact on profitable growth and customer service, and, providing leadership to other team leaders and professional staff.
- Establishing preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications and compliance with governmental procurement regulations. Establishing and implementing standard/automated re-order procedures. Developing crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs. Negotiating long-term contracts in coordination with Group staff and policies.
- Being responsible for integrating the division with electronic interfacing throughout the supply chain.
- Being accountable for managing the division’s overall strategic production planning practices taking into consideration short-term/long-term production requirements and integrating material availability.
- Establishing and implementing procedures for special order requests, engineering changes and part substitutions.
- Managing the division’s transportation logistics to ensure distribution of products direct to customers, distribution centres, or warehouses are completed with optimum service at the most efficient cost.
- Performing various other jobs as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 7 years of supply chain management experience with managerial capacity, especially with experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations and materials management.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities.
- Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals, and to serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and possess strong initiative and problem solving skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English with good computer proficiency.
Our client offers a remuneration package and the opportunity to be part of this growing company.
Reference Code: SCM1042504
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Supply Chain Manager - Jobsdb fax to 038 494 790,by click “Apply Now”