The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Japanese Plant Controller and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Overseeing month-end closing processes through journal entry reviews, variance analysis of forecasts/budgets and account reconciliation reviews.
- Managing the preparation and delivery of all financial information related to plant performance, including standard costs and hourly rates, CERs and cost improvements, in compliance with the financial manual, policies and practices.
- Maintaining compliance with accounting policies and focusing on maintaining a strong controlled environment around inventory and fixed assets areas.
- Performing cost centre controls, including cost centre accounting, cost accounting, cost savings reviews and tracking.
- Providing services and support in terms of analysis and numbers for all the departments and for all reasonable needs, e.g. conversion costs, productivity, or TEOA.
- Ensuring the delivery of the right data and closely cooperating with legal entity controllers regarding statutory earnings statements.
- Performing various other duties and projects as assigned.
- Aged between 37 – 43 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
- At least 5 - 7 years or more experience in the accounting field and should have worked in a Manager level role for at least 3 years.
- Good analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Good command of English.
- Computer literacy in MS-Office and SAP.
- Possessing a CPD/CPA certificate will be an advantage.
Our client offers a benefits package including a housing allowance, transportation allowance, group life and health insurance, a provident fund and an annual bonus.