Our client is one of the largest innovation solutions companies in Japan. They provide a wide range of services, such as system consulting, design, information & communication technologies (ICT), financial solutions and core products & services improvement. They are currently seeking a qualified candidate to strengthen their team in the position of Analysis Programmer.
- Providing technical support; specifying functions and developing, testing and documenting computer programs.
- Completing any additional responsibilities / ad hoc tasks as directed by the manager.
- Developing new software (that meets the company’s standards in terms of design and coding) to support business requirements.
- Testing programs following standards in terms of design and coding.
- Developing functions from specifications; writing programs & scripts, and performing unit testing.
- Ensuring implementation and adherence to the customers’ security policies.
- Writing documents to describe program development, logic, coding and corrections.
- Assisting users to solve operating problems, provide technical support and recreate steps taken by users to locate sources of problems.
- Providing training, user manuals and needed documents to users of new/modified systems.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other IT related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Java development, objective -oriented design and design patterns.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong SQL and PL/SPL knowledge.
- Experience building consumer facing web applications.
- Experience in cross platform integration and web services.
- Good personality and service minded.
- Willing to contribute to and work with a team.
- Able to work up to tight deadlines.
- Responsible, quick learning, self-confident and capable of working under pressure.
- Willing to learn new things.
- Experience in finance or leasing sector is a plus.
- Effective in verbal and written English communication.
- Ability to communicate in Japanese is a plus.
Our client also provides a remuneration package including; basic salary, medical Insurance, 10-20 days annual vacation, travel allowance and performance bonus.