Our client is a leading international logistics companies with a well-known global reputation. They have more than 20,000 employees and 500 offices worldwide. To support their rapid growth, they are now looking for an outstanding candidate to join them as Assistant Financial Controller.
- Overseeing the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization; including revenue, expense and balance sheet reports and reports to funding agencies.
- Developing and monitoring organizational contracts, grants and budgets.
- Developing and maintaining systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the organization.
- Overseeing the coordination and activities of independent auditors, ensuring all audit issues are resolved, compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with company requirements.
- Assisting the Directors and being the lead staff member on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Overseeing monthly reports, including their reconciliation, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Overseeing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Ensuring a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Participating in developing new business, specifically identifying new funding opportunities, drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Male or female, aged 35-45 years old.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Financial Management or Business Administration.
- At least 5 years of financial and management experience.
- Experience of working in a conglomerate or a group of companies.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent analytical & strategic thinking abilities.
- Problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Can adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.