- Supporting investment officers throughout the investment process, including prospecting, due diligence and monitoring portfolio management.
- Conducting country and market studies and assessments.
- Maintaining database of relevant market benchmarks.
- Performing desk reviews of potential investees.
- Assisting in building pre-investment financial projections and valuation models.
- Participating in due diligence visits and monitoring visits from time to time.
- Supporting preparations of investment proposals and term sheets.
- Supporting portfolio management activities, including monitoring performance and preparing investors’ reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics or Finance.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience for an investment / commercial bank or financial institution.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, including Excel modeling.
- Familiarity with equity investment valuation methodologies.
- Excellent command of English (knowledge of regional languages is an advantage).
- Being able to travel upcountry or abroad from time to time.