Our client is a large European freight and logistics company with a history of over 150 years. Currently, the company is looking for high calibre professionals to effectively run internal processes. Among their open positions is the role of Business Development Manager.
- Developing existing accounts and closing new business.
- Conducting sales calls to established accounts and/or target accounts within a targeted industry.
- Scheduling time for joint calls with sales professionals and targeting accounts to provide assistance with the sales process.
- Providing marketing support and knowledge within the company.
- Utilizing a proactive approach of cooperative teamwork in assisting sales professionals and managers throughout the company to sell and support accounts.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with targeted and existing accounts and ensuring that sales professionals servicing the accounts receive updates on the status.
- Improving knowledge of products and services and following the changes in industry to develop new products.
- Writing up SOPs for each secured customer, going through SOPs with concerned operational parties to ensure that all understand the required processes and sharing SOPs in the common drive
- Updating all sales activities in Helios CRM on a weekly basis (before 05.00 p.m. on Sunday for sales activities of the same week).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or a related field of study is required (Master’s Degree is preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required, industry experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multiple functions and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Proven “business-to-business” sales experience in the transportation, logistics, or supply chain management industry.
- Demonstrated success at relationship selling.
- Broad understanding of value added selling techniques and business management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-team environment.