Our client is a world leader in industrial coding printers. They provide exceptional service to clients in various industries such as food, beverage, electronics, cosmetics, cable, etc. They now require a OEM Manager.
- Manage the equipment sales process of assigned OEM accounts, review needs and requirements of specific projects, prepare quotes and negotiate prices and conditions, coordinate equipment ordering, and follow-up on delivery and installation at the OEM or end-user plants.
- Coordinate and drive all sales efforts within assigned accounts by interfacing at the corporate OEM level and by delegating other tasks to territory Sales Engineers and Division personnel.
- Visit and develop business relationships with key personnel at assigned OEM accounts and at targeted new accounts.
- Make corporate and technical presentations as necessary and drive the organization to come up with specific solutions to new integration applications.
- Engage the organization, particularly the technical side of it, to provide solutions to complex and new integration problems encountered in the quest to develop new OEM relationships.
- Visit the field organization and participate with the territory Sales Engineers to sustain and develop their locally assigned OEM accounts.
- Communicate upward to management and to the divisions on activities related to the assigned accounts and the OEM program in general.
- Maintain and improve the loyalty OEM program to drive more business from current OEM and assist with developing new OEM partnerships.
- Visit OEM corporate facilities or plants in cases of complex installations and act as a management representative to deal with service, technical and contractual issues.
- Negotiate and implement Master Pricing Agreements and Contracts for all OEM accounts with assistance of manager and the rest of the organization.
- Male or female, aged not over 45 years old.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in a Sales & Channel Management role within a technology based company with complex B2B interactions with a proven track record of success.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization in an MNC/international group, handling big strategic accounts, preferably in FMCG or a large industrial space.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Possess critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ambitious, personable and driven.
- Ability to work in a highly pressured and tight timeline environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Qualified candidates please submit your resumes stating present and expected salary & package details by click "APPLY NOW"