Our client is a provider of online games based in Southeast Asia. The company is now looking for a Chief Editor to expand their team.
- Handle strategic planning on publishing, and work with marketing team for online communication channels.
- Monitor and supervise editorial team in proofreading, editing and rewriting content.
- Source qualified comic content by negotiating with comic writers.
- Evaluate submissions from comic writers in order to decide what to publish.
- Work with writers to guide them until successful creation of stories.
- Remind and follow up on content from writers.
- Plan content according to publication’s style and editorial policy.
- Male or female, aged not over 35 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in an editorial job (experience in the field of novels or comics is an advantage).
- A passion for reading (especially novels and/or comics).
- Creative and highly responsible with an eye for detail.
- Active with a positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills and can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet searches.
- Knowledge of and skills in Japanese, Korean or Chinese would be advantageous.