Our client’s company has diverse business operations relating to transport, energy and infrastructure assets in Thailand and overseas countries. The company is now seeking a candidate to join them in the position of Direct Tax Analyst.
- Being responsible for all direct taxes (corporate income tax and withholding tax).
- Ensuring tax returns filings and payments are made accurately and timely.
- Preparing and maintaining appropriate “audit ready” files and assisting in the management of tax audits.
- Interacting and communicating effectively within and outside tax units to gather information and understand business transactions to ensure proper tax treatment.
- Keeping current and up to date on tax legislation, being able to identify tax and accounting differences and transactions that have tax implications.
- Undertaking tax research and being proficient in interpreting and complying with tax legislation and regulations.
- Ensuring tax reports, tax provisions and tax account reconciliations are prepared accurately and submitted timely.
- Complying with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and internal control processes.
- Providing guidelines/processes and reviewing work performed by tax administration staff.
- Providing tax advice and necessary education to non-tax units.
- Assisting with continuous tax process improvements.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned by the Country Tax Manager.
- Male or female, Thai nationality, age 30-45 years old.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting and familiarity with Thai accounting standards.
- Minimum of 5 years direct tax experience in a multinational company (a tax operations background is preferred).
- CPA qualification is preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Adaptable to a changing environment.