The EHS Manager will report to the Operation Director and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Conducting inspections and making recommendations to the employer to ensure compliance with related regulations.
- Preparing safety plans, projects, or measures and submitting to the employer.
- Auditing the company following associated safety plans, projects or measures to ensure compliance with established safety standards.
- Controlling employee practices in relation to following safety laws, regulations, commands or measures.
- Providing training and advice to employees regarding safety protocols.
- Investigating causes of incidents, accidents or injuries and reporting or providing suggestions to the employer.
- Collecting and analysing data to prepare reports regarding incidents, accidents or injury caused through work for the employer.
- Keeping up-to-date on current local legislation and regulation changes.
- Preparing and maintaining Occupational Health and Safety documents; safety procedures, work instructions, emergency plans, forms, etc.
- Preparing occupational health and safety policies in accordance with associated regulatory authority requirements.
- Building safety awareness.
- Controlling the Wastewater Treatment Plant and maintaining the parameters of effluent to ensure compliance with EAT Eastern Seaboard Industrial requirements.
- Creating plans for environmental checking, etc. air ambience, stack, sound, chemicals, temperature and lighting.
- Developing and implementing on-site environment, health, and safety protocols and procedures, in accordance with general policies and regulatory requirements.
- Supporting energy saving projects.
- Managing the First Aid Room; first aid, training, personal health, drug and medical supplies.
- Performing various miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or any related field.
- 10 years’ experience in Safety / Environment and holding a certificate of Professional Safety Management.
- Management skill requirements: leadership, supervisory, decision making, coaching, problem-solving, planning, and communication.
- Good command of the English language and computer proficiency.
Our client offers an attractive remuneration package with a five day working week.