Plan and oversee PDCA Engineered to Order Continuous Improvement Initiatives (ETO), including Customer Order Engineering (COE), Customer Order Design (COD), Customer Service and Maintenance of Line.
Manage and oversee the Master Scheduling processes associated with product as well as drawing schedules to satisfy customer requirements. Via Maintenance of Line Engineering, provide oversight and guidance in the definition and design of MCC, MVA, MVS, LVA, MVD, MVC products and systems to effectively support the company’s engineering and manufacturing functions; serve as a senior resource in the areas of product engineering improvements, engineering productivity and engineering quality to support the business objectives of the company.
- Develop, standardize, communicate and drive implementation of PDCA Front End Continuous Improvement initiatives resulting in improved front end related Safety (for productions and customers), Quality, Customer Satisfaction (on time performance and lead-time), Cost Out and Inventory Reduction.
- Oversee the electrical and mechanical definition and design of projects to meet customer and manufacturing schedules.
- Facilitate and direct the analysis of various ETO product line backlog. Develop, standardize, communicate and drive implementation of the ETO SIOP process, including monthly order profiles, labor estimations, and milestone OTP to drive the improvement of key performance indicators associated with Safety, Quality, OTP, Productivity, and Inventory.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of acceptable customer service standards with respect to negotiation lead times, product lead times, drawing turnaround time and warranty claims.
- Develop and coordinate communication channels with sales and customers that will ensure the timely and accurate exchange of information relating to product quality, delivery, and service.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels in order to support marketing and sales strategies for the company.
- Ensure alignment with Operational Leadership team and with Operations Plans
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or other technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years combined experience in MCC and/or Switchgear Front end, NPD or Operations Leadership
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
- Extensive knowledge and technical expertise in ETO processes and engineering methods, products and market segments.
- Master’s Degree from accredited institution
- Six Sigma Certification
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing operations