- Planning, designing, developing and implementing plant activities for equipment, facilities, infrastructures, buildings and other structures to ensure reliability, compliance and a safe environment for sustainable business operations.
- Managing the acquisition and maintenance of capital equipment for the Engineering section; writing specifications and coordinating purchasing, delivery and installation.
- Establishing and implementing short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; changes required for improvement.
- Directing and coordinating the activities of the Section Engineer Mgr. and service contractors in the provision of comprehensive facility maintenance and repair services, carried out facility-wide by a large, diverse multi-trades workforce.
- Overseeing the supervision of assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluating performance and making recommendations for personnel actions; motivating employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Participating in the development and implementation of shop-specific safety training programs, and ensuring workforce compliance with OSHA job safety requirements.
- Establishing and directing annual maintenance programs, to include off-season testing/overhaul of heating and refrigeration systems and associated control systems, as well as seasonal start-up and shutdowns.
- Regularly performing plant assessments of utilities and infrastructure needs and recommending solutions to management for improvement.
- Regularly assessing all plant facilities - electric, steam, compressed air, hot and chilled water and other utilities to ensure continuing suitability and sufficiency with the changing manufacturing conditions.
- Working with suppliers and network designers on pneumatic, hydraulic and electric needs, both on current and future expansions. Being able to forecast and map needs based on historical and projected requirements.
- Male / female, aged over 45 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or a related field with relevant professional licenses.
- Masters and/or Phd level achievement in any Engineering field will be a definite advantage.
- Min. of 20 years working experience in engineering operations in a manufacturing environment; served at management level for at least 15 years.
- Good command of spoken & written English and computer literacy.
- Strong leadership skills, a team player able to fit into a challenging multi-cultural manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience and know-how of facilities and utilities infrastructure, including pneumatic, hydraulic and electric system design and construction.
- Strong proven experience and know-how in manufacturing utilities design, maintenance and improvement. Direct experience and background in Facilities Engineering in a huge manufacturing or installation environment.
Our client offers a basic salary, a car allowance, provident fund, group insurance, a fixed and variable bonus and a five day working week.