We are looking for a highly experienced rotating equipment and pump/compression Engineer to join our Engineering Services group. The successful candidate will have the technical background and experience necessary to support a large installed base of mainly electric driven CO2 compression along with pump systems and hydrocarbon gas compression. Also very important in this position, is the ability to effectively supervise a small group of technical personnel, take action-oriented initiative, understand the balance between business needs and technical excellence, and be able to complete and hand-off projects to internal customers. The right candidate will provide advanced support engineering services to both pipeline and upstream operations to ensure continuity of service, vibration and mechanical integrity, throughput optimization, uptime reliability and operational expense reduction.
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate who has over 8 years of experience and a successful track record providing engineering and support services for large driver/compressor implementations.
- Function as the subject matter expert on all types of rotating equipment for all assets in the CO2 division.
- Provide expertise for the selection of optimum driver/compressor equipment and layouts on capital expansion projects.
- Assist operations managers to improve compression reliability, availability, and reduce unexpected maintenance issues due to damaged or run-to-failure equipment.
- Recommend optimization regimes (procedural or mechanical) to improve on existing compression installations.
- Supervise a staff of rotating equipment analysts in order to provide planned quarterly analysis of the health of the installed equipment fleet and function as the customer service lead for operations asset managers.
- Carry out failure analysis studies and recommend remediation steps for equipment, foundations, and piping.
- Lead or source inspections of acquired equipment at the factory or shop.
- Maintain relationships with key manufacturers, service vendors, and consultants.
- Degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering (or closely related discipline).
- 5 years of experience designing and/or operating large compression implementations.
- 5 years of experience engineering/designing large scale electric drive compressor or pump implementations.
- Demonstrable experience developing/engineering large reciprocating compression facilities.
- Solid logical skills and biased toward action. – Advanced knowledge of rotating pumps and rotating/reciprocating compression.
- Experience with capacity optimization and expansion on large compression systems.
- Strong understanding of system design, hydraulics, and pulsation/vibration mechanisms in compression systems.
- Position requires experience supervising technicians and/or engineers. Position will supervise 4 field technicians.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Additional gas turbine/centrifugal compression engineering knowledge preferred.
- Additional gas engine drive engineering knowledge also preferred.