Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing of technically innovative products for turning, milling and CNC machining products.
The Engineering Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions.
- Establishing and maintaining engineering procedures to maintain a high standard of manufacturing operations, machine capability, product quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
- Studying and evaluating the production process, methods and equipment to perform in the most efficient conditions.
- Planning future manufacturing programs to obtain maximum value from production resources such as equipment, machines and testing as well as personnel.
- Coordinating with the Manufacturing Team regarding on-time delivery, performance, fulfillment rate, safety, productivity and customer returns.
- Evaluating and adjusting available production capacity and planning to fulfill the requirements.
- Coordinating, setting up and implementing standard engineering procedures.
- Working closely with Production to develop and implement manufacturing methods and techniques, such as Lean, Kanban, 5S, Visual Control and OEE, and, leading the scrap reduction efforts in the Manufacturing area.
- Working with the Production, Sales and Marketing, Quality, Material Control and Production Control departments to ensure the coordination of engineering activities.
- Ensuring the alignment of the engineering organization and workforce appropriate with the company targets and priorities.
- Ensuring that equipment, machines and tools used are of the best quality and engineering standards are followed.
- Establishing and maintaining a standard of performance for the operation.
- Establishing preventive action implementation and effectively eliminating root causes.
- Being involved in ISO 9001 and ISO/TS16949 standard procedure & work instruction preparation.
- Being involved in ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 standard procedure & work instruction preparation.
- Performing, reviewing and updating ISO 50001 standard procedure & work instructions.
- Perform various other jobs as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experiences of high volume machining manufacturing process or machine shop production of high mix low volume batch size.
- Knowledge of modern CNC machine applications such as lathes, milling, multi-spindle, grinding, EDM, wire cutting, centerless grinding, Swiss type bar feeder high speed machines and lapping, etc.
- Able to use CAD/CAM software to generate machine program codes.
- Strong knowledge of process design to optimize the machine cycle time and quality stand points.
- Good understanding of industrial standards / military standards / norms or related specifications of machining dimensions, tolerances, geometrics, surface roughness and assembly tolerance.
- Good knowledge of machine cutting conditions in different material categories, such as Aluminum, SUS, Steel, High Alloy, Copper, and Cobol Chrome, etc.
- Knowledge of heat treatment processes including hardening, annealing, carburizing, nitriding, stress relief and its affect to tolerance on process design and production stages.
- Knowledge of surface treatment processes including anodizing, electro less nickel, gold plating, silver plating, passivation, chemical film and conversion coating, etc.
- Knowledge of cleanliness requirements and specifications of metal parts cleaning with de-ionize (DI) water such as FTIR, IC, SILICONE and particles.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and computer proficiency.
Our client offers a remuneration package and the opportunity to be part of this growing company.
Reference Code: EM1010708
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Engineering Manager - Jobsdb fax to 038 494 790, email to "Apply Now”
PRTR Recruitment and Outsourcing (Eastern Seaboard) Co., Ltd.
3 Moo 9 Talaythong Tower,11th Floor, Sukhumvit Road,
Tungsukla, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230
Tel. 038-494700 Fax. 038-494790