Purpose of position:
The primary role of the Extrusion Engineer will be to oversee the operation of plastic processing equipment such as extruders, dryers, crystallizers, blenders. Accountabilities also include ensuring that jobs meet quality specifications, manufacturing standards and that safety procedures are followed while working to continuously improve quality and productivity of manufacturing operations.
Ability to recognize and perform minor and/ or major adjustments as needed to extruders in a safe and productive manner.
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Resin supply systems, Extruders, Screen Changes, Dies, Chrome/Chill rolls, Regrind systems, Crystallizers, Hoists, and Forklifts.
- Ability to use hand tools during equipment C/O’s and or/ Set up, Start up, and shutdown processes following written JSA procedures.
- Ability to provide accurate documentation of extruder run conditions and quality test results. Ability to operate and troubleshoot equipment to produce quality sheet (rolls) to customer specification.
- Ensure maximum efficiency of equipment (production rate and material consumption).
- Identify nonconforming material/products and work with shift leaders for resolution.
- Follow GMP (Goods Manufacturing Practices) and perform 5S housekeeping duties.
- Accurately record and complete all shift documentation/paperwork.
- Ensure a seamless shift hand-off- go over updates with incoming shift.
- Follow all established safety procedures including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Able to perform quality checks (mil thickness, gels, pitting, cracking, and haze levels) per extruded sheet and/ or roll (s), document readings every hour during the shift.
- Able to comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Ability to follow Supervisors and/ or Team Leader instructions/directions as given.
- Possess the following skills: problem solving, team work, communication and initiative.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand how equipment works.
- Must be able to follow detailed written operating procedures (in English).
- Must have a safety orientated attitude and the ability to work safely.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate manufacturing process skills, process awareness, including appropriate operation changes to sustain quality product.
- Must be flexible to work overtime.
- Three (3) years of manufacturing or related experience operating and/ or running plastics processing equipment (extruders). Dryers, Crystalizers.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience in operating manufacturing equipment.
Reference Code: DEE3332508
Please submit your resume stating your present and expected salary and ref. Extrusion Engineer- Jobsdbfax to 038 494 790, email by click “Apply Now”
PRTR Recruitment and Outsourcing (Eastern Seaboard) Co., Ltd.
3 Moo 9 Talaythong Tower,11th Floor, Sukhumvit Road,
Tungsukla, Sriracha, Chonburi 20230
Tel. 038-494700 Fax. 038-494790