Global manufacturer and leader in the consumer and commercial space seeks a Facilities /Plant Maintenance Manager to join their expanding team. In this role you will have overall responsibility for managing the maintenance, service, and repairs of plant equipment, buildings and facilities as well as the maintenance teams for chemical and continuous process industries.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance, service, and repairs of plant equipment, buildings and facilities.
- Manage Facilities and Maintenance teams and oversee work in the areas of repair and preventive maintenance of molding equipment and auxiliary machinery, welding, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine and electrical.
- Negotiates with and oversees the work of contractors for facilities renovation and construction projects including, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, production floor arrangement and office construction.
- Assure the optimal functioning of building systems including, but not limited to, mechanical, fire/life safety and HVAC. Oversees and participates in repair of molding equipment and auxiliary machinery, including but not limited to, chiller units, dryers and compressors.
- Works closely with the utilities companies to monitor expenses and lead energy saving initiatives.
- Conducts studies, makes recommendations and implements changes to procedures in order to improve productivity, safety and cost-effectiveness of facilities maintenance functions.
- Trains, coaches and mentors staff in the areas of safety and standard operating procedures.
- Assign and maintain daily work schedule for Maintenance and Facilities.
- Prepares and manages annual budget, tracks metrics, and maintains inventories and material safety data sheets on purchased products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or accreditation by a technical or vocational college and/or five or more years in a managerial capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of experience working within Utilities and HVAC systems for Chemical processes.
- Experience managing/co-managing construction projects.
- Demonstrated background in Lean Manufacturing, HVAC, machine servicing and electrical servicing in order to effectively troubleshoot and make necessary repairs.
- Preventive/Productive Maintenance concepts.
- Must have excellent written, negotiation, presentation, and communication with excellent time management skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and/or other productivity/ project management software.