Our client one of the leading furniture, mattress and sofa manufacturers in Thailand. The company is now searching for a suitable candidate for the position of General Manager.
- Overseeing finance, marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources and information systems within the plants and other production facilities.
- Developing and executing productivity improvement processes.
- Providing leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of 6 plants.
- Making decisions to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
- Developing criteria for evaluating new furniture and equipment to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Working in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing division to develop, initiate and bring to market new products.
- Monitoring plant operations to review product quality consistency.
- Monitoring wastage to determine trends and areas of improvement
- Reviewing established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to ensure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Ensuring that staff and competency levels are achieved/exceeded in all aspects of the manufacturing process
- Developing and executing plant manufacturing budgets.
- Working with the Purchasing Manager to develop and improve supplier relationships.
- Managing primary processing and production equipment and ancillary services.
- Implementing best practice to encourage operational excellence.
- Male or female, age 30 – 45 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher of Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in furniture manufacturing or a related industry.
- Ability to make productivity improvements.
- Good business acumen and financial skills.
- Good planning, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Possess leadership and communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate good initiative and be decisive.
- Computer proficient, able to operate AX systems, Oracle and MS Excel.
- Fluent in English.