Our client is a regional commercial and investment bank with strong operations in Thailand. They are currently expanding their business in Thailand and South-East Asia. As part of their planned growth, they require an outstanding candidate to join as Head of Legal & Compliance for their operations in Thailand.
- Advising on compliance laws, rules and standards.
- Training staff on compliance issues within the Bank and dealing with compliance queries from staff.
- Arranging monthly and annual compliance reports for the previous month/year.
- Being accountable for the branch’s overall legal advisory services.
- Coordinating and managing transactions with government bodies regarding legal issues.
- Monitoring lawsuits and updating senior management on lawsuit cases.
- Supporting a compliance culture and promoting an environment that encourages reporting of compliance concerns.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Law or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in legal and compliance law for banking.
- Very good command of English.
- A strong knowledge of AML/CFT/KYC rules and regulations.
- A strong knowledge of maintaining a compliance culture.
- A mature, team player with good analytical skills.