Our client is a leading beauty product retailer with a significant presence in Thailand. Due to their current business expansion, they are now looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join them in the position of Head of Merchandising.
- Being responsible for merchandising for all products in the retail business.
- Analyzing and evaluating market trends and sales opportunities in the product category.
- Conducting regular research of the retail market and competitor activities.
- Developing business partnerships and being responsible for client relationship management.
- Managing merchandising strategies and operating plans to reflect the broader global environment.
- Forecasting demand planning and implementing strategic category planning, buying process and selection of product mix for stores to increase sales growth objectives.
- Controlling inventories, delivery schedules and exit strategies.
- Undertaking sourcing and buying selections; determining product category, quantity, terms & conditions, and profit margin.
- Negotiating buying terms and agreements to fulfil sales objectives.
- Designing product cycle process to ensure that the entire the selling schedules are well organized.
- Participating in domestic and international business partnership meetings.
- Preparing performance reports for management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in merchandising management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the fashion or consumer retail industry.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Proactive with the ability to drive business growth.
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.