The candidate will report directly to the Human Resources Director, Asia Pacific and General Manager, Thailand, and will be responsible for a general scope of human resource activities which include but are not limited to the following.
- Developing and implementing a people management plan in support of the business needs in Thailand.
- Driving the support and implementation of Human Resources projects and systems.
- Working closely with the HR Director to develop an overall “people strategy and plan” to support the development of Thailand HR operations in the 3 to 5 year frame.
- Taking direct responsibility for providing a full range of added value HR services; e.g. succession planning, leadership development, resourcing/recruitment, performance management, associates engagement, social policy development, local benefit reviews and change implementation.
- Implementing of personnel administration and payroll processes.
- Consistently implementing appropriate tools and supporting these activities.
- Providing support to the General Manager and Local Country Management Team to create the best working environment to support company culture.
- Acting as the local Culture Champion.
- Providing support to the General Manager in relation to building a highly effective leadership team.
- Performing 60% HR activities relating to day-to-day operations, 30% implementation of new HR systems and processes and 10% participating in global and regional HR meetings, HR capabilities programmes, the continuous update of local market trends and monitoring employment laws changes.
- Bachelor degree in Personnel Management or a Business Administration related field. An MBA will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years working experience in HR activities within multinational companies.
- Experience working in an HR role within a sales office/project management office is a must and experience working in a factory environment will be an advantage.
- Possess well developed HR generalist knowledge, experience in a multinational company and especially good knowledge of recruitment, associate engagement and people development.
- Strong coaching and listening skills and able to establish open communication with associates.
- Experience of working in small team, with entrepreneurial spirits and able to function effectively in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to drive and recommend priority to implement HR activities in local markets.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.