Our client is one of the world’s largest jewellery. The company manages a jewellery manufacturing facility staffed by more than 10,000 personnel and is currently seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Internal Control Supervisor.
- Ensuring an efficient and effective internal control framework (ICF) for the company.
- Collaborating with related parties to develop and update the company’s ICF.
- Maintaining and monitoring controls assessments in BWise system (based on group instructions).
- Performing independent reviews on control assessments in BWise that were performed by owners.
- Assisting with identifying gaps, remedying any open deficiencies and reporting them to management on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that the information being completed in ICF matrix is complete, accurate and carried out in a timely manner.
- Assisting with training on ICF and internal controls on a regular basis.
- Liaising with operations, accounting and internal controls to secure an efficient and effective compliance environment.
- Proactively identifying other improvement areas to control business and changes in the business environment and assessing their impact on the business control environment.
- Developing and maintaining finance policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the implementation and monitoring of compliance policies.
- Undertaking special projects to identify opportunities to process excellence, standardization and automation, with an eventual view to strengthen internal controls while reducing inefficiency, inaccuracy and overall workload.
- Supporting the location of management teams for operational and finance audits by assisting with preparation and liaising with external auditors; following up by addressing any deficiencies.
- Providing compliance opinions and advice to the operations team.
- Responding to any ad hoc requests related to the internal control process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a multinational corporation in Auditing, Accounting, Internal controls and Compliance.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with cross functional departments is an advantage.
- Experience in IT audits/system implementation is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong command of English.
- Strong time management, planning, teamwork, problem-solving, multitasking, presentation and decision-making skills.
- Able to prioritize and delegate work.
- Self-confident and able to think creatively with a thirst for knowledge.
- Good business acumen and common sense.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint.