Our client is a large manufacturer and worldwide exporter of processed foods. They are currently looking to hire an IT Support Manager.
- Managing the remote support of database and system problems.
- Coordinating training for new technology users and helping them become familiar with equipment and networks.
- Ensuring all users benefit from effective technology and efficient Internet access.
- Assessing IT related needs and requirements on a frequent basis.
- Organising support, associated troubleshooting and repairs of IT equipment and networks.
- Monitoring online security for users and networks, taking appropriate steps to address security breaches if necessary.
- Establishing relationships with technology and component vendors.
- Managing IT support staff; educating and training call centre specialists.
- Advising human resources colleagues on staffing needs and participating in the hiring and training process.
- Managing the departmental budget and tracking spend on equipment and staff.
- Developing and maintaining emergency plans to address equipment, power and security failures to ensure preservation of technology and data.
- Attending and presenting at trade shows and technology showcases to remain up-to-date regarding new developments.
- A recognised diploma/degree in IT, System Technology or Engineering.
- Previous experience of heading the IT section of an organization.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Good attention to detail and customer focused.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve IT issues in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Internet Languages, e.g., PHP, Linux, Apache, MySQL.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Good data collection and analysis skills.
- Passionate about technology.