Our client is a large European freight and logistics company with a history of over 150 years. Currently, the company is looking for high calibre professionals to effectively run internal processes. Among their open positions is the role of Business Development Manager.
- Working with local and global account teams for both customer retention and growth purposes and securing new customers.
- Ensuring key accounts are serviced in a structured manner by ensuring SOPs and KPIs are in place and the CRM is up to date, including financial forecasting, and involving relevant teams in MBR’s or QBR’s.
- Attending and replying to general inquiries by clients, agents and other partners.
- Developing further business through existing larger customers.
- Driving achievement of customer specific KPIs through interaction with operations/branches.
- Creating strategy and sales plan per account to achieve respective P&L targets.
- Providing the best logistics solutions to accomplish a win-win strategy with customers.
- Developing SOP and ensuring that teams and all relevant parties adhere to them.
- Establishing good partnership and reporting to all parties concerned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or a related field of study required, master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years related experience is required, industry experience is preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multiple functions and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Proven “business-to-business” sales experience in the transportation, logistics or supply chain management industry.
- Demonstrated success at relationship selling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-team environment.