Our client is a global leader in the manufacturing of food ingredients for the bakery, patisserie and chocolate sectors. The company is now looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join its team in the position of Key Account Manager (Retail Channel).
- Being responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining long-term relationships with the accounts and maximizing sales opportunities in the retail channel (supermarkets and hypermarkets).
- Monitoring the commercial performance of each account within a portfolio.
- Being responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the responsible sales channels.
- Managing gross margin of responsible sales channel.
- Focusing on growing and developing business with existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Coaching the sales team in the responsible sales channel to achieve the targets.
- Managing opportunities and pipeline and closing all possible opportunities to achieve gross profit goals in line with yearly targets.
- Providing detailed information and reports to the manager/director of the company as and when required.
- Advising on changes and trends in the marketplace and the activities of competitors.
- Providing monthly forecasts and sales budget of the department for the financial year.
- Male or female, aged not over 40 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in food retail market sales.
- Strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English.