Our client is a large petroleum company with a production capacity of over 100,000 barrels per day. Currently, the company is focusing in renewable energies and the business has grown in Thailand. To support their overall business plan, the company is looking for high calibre professionals to effectively run internal processes. Among their open positions is the role of Legal Manager.
- Reviewing company contracts and supporting documents (Non-Disclosure Agreements, MOU’s, Letters of Authority, etc.).
- Providing advice and review on company specific activities (company registrations, commercial registration certificates, building rental agreements, land purchase agreement, etc.).
- Alerting different functions on approaching deadlines for the renewal of contracts, permits and licenses.
- Ensuring organizational adherence to the company Corporate Compliance Checklist and informing different functions on the court ramifications and penalties for failure to comply with the Compliance Checklists.
- Finding alternatives to expensive lawsuits, such as mediation, where that option would be appropriate.
- Conducting legal analysis and research on various legal matters.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Providing legal advice to different functions within the company.
- Supporting different functions when dealing with government offices (land offices, municipality offices, etc.).
- Reviewing employee contracts (including expatriate) to ensure adherence to local regulations and providing advice with employee disputes.
- Providing high quality truthful advice that takes into consideration economic, moral, social and political factors that may affect the issue.
- Must adhere to relevant national and ethical codes.
- Managing occupational health and safety and product & service quality.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a legal field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a Legal position.
- Very good in Thai and English (speaking and writing).
- Good with MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).