The successful candidate will report to the Expatriate General Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Ensuring logistics in and out of the region are managed effectively to ensure the smooth and on time delivery of products.
- Being responsible for all import-export activities which includes BOI, custom clearance, and shipping under BOI privileges and Free Zone.
- Preparing and controlling all required documents associated with BOI and Free Zone privileges.
- Continuously managing and improving of BOI & logistics procedures.
- Preparing all concerned documents for import & export and BOI processes.
- Coordinating with local transportation and liaising with freight forwarders.
- Being responsible for handling air / sea freight import & export documents - liaising closely with both internal and external customers.
- Coordinating with forwarders and customers regarding all shipments.
- Managing relationships with government sectors i.e. Customs Authority, IEAT and the Ministry of Commerce, etc.
- Conducting freight audits & managing the payment of bills for logistics expenses.
- Determining logistics costs.
- Supervising the Logistics team and controlling day to day operations as well as coordinating with all product divisions regarding logistics requirements and related activities.
- Performing various other tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or any related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a logistics field, ideally with extensive knowledge of Free Zone, EPZ, and BOI privileges.
- Experience from either the manufacturing sector and/or from a freight forwarder, project cargo handling or a container shipping background.
- Experience in documentation, import/export customs clearance (BOI, Free Zone) is required.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a provident fund, group insurance, a bonus, and a five day working week.