The Manufacturing Engineer will report directly to the Area Manufacturing Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Process planning and manufacturing engineering activitiesof new line.
- Major responsibilities include enhancing manufacturing by assuring that parts or assemblies are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity and cost requirements.
- Provide technical support to analyze and develop manufacturing control systems.
- Interface will occur with work group advisors, work groups quality and product engineering, and manufacturing support services.
- Responsibilities include developing cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity. Specific results include continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, workflow, and on-time product delivery perform supervisory duties as required.
- Machining programming, methods development, and technical/floor support for resolution of quality or process issues.
- Process planning and continuous improvement, including specifying process parameters, process equipment, tooling, fixturing, and gauging.
- Oversees machining operations and equipment, familiarity with cellular and JIT concepts,
- Oversees equipment justification and procurement, costing methods/Value analysis,
- Process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability.
- Oversees project fabrication, machining, finishing and assembly principles with a basic understanding of programming and EASE work standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical or engineering related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an assembly new line or new plant set up would be advantage.
- Experience in Automotive OEM industry.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing, Lean Operating Systems, materials- dealing with suppliers and Assembly.
- Proactive, independent, hands-on.
- Good command of English.