The New Model Department Manager will report to the Vice President (Japanese) and be responsible for the following key functions:
- Leading Project Controllers and new model and PPAP management activities.
- Managing new part development to be consistent with the New Model Master
- Leading of project management activities in accordance with customer’s requirement.
- Preparing new models and providing related operator training.
- Coordinating mass production improvements.
- Dealing with suppliers and customers.
- Developing the required documentation to support the product development process and in accordance with customer requirements (e.g. APQP, PPAP and FMEA).
- Interfacing with customer personnel and facilitating the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
- Leading problem solving efforts relating to launch quality issues.
- Maintaining of required documentation in accordance with TS-Shape specifications for document control purposes.
- Being a key person to contact suppliers regarding program development, and coordinating with internal departments regarding customer requirements.
- Being responsible for the quality of products during launch phases.
- Initiating control plans & training relating to plans, work and gauge instructions.
- Being responsible for supplier gauge design approval, PPAP reviews and approvals, and program issue reviews.
- Being responsible for PFMEA and negotiating GD&T with customers.
- Male, aged between 38 – 45 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any related field.
- 8 - 10 Years working experience at a management level.
- Have knowledge in 3D CAD software (NX or CATIA will be an advantage).
- Can read and create drawings.
- Can speak Japanese at business level.
Our client offers a benefits package including an annual bonus, a provident fund, medical insurance, and, the opportunity to join a large international company.