- Managing the execution of new product development and line extension projects - from concept through to delivery and sign off of final artwork.
- Developing project briefs, gathering information from suppliers and key stakeholders within the business (incl. Marketing, Sales, Business Owners and Ops).
- Product development and improvement, developing new product developments from feasibility studies, prototypes and processes, and, performing stability studies of commercial production and post-launches for assigned projects.
- Taking ownership of the new product development / packaging schedules and being responsible for prioritising projects and keeping key customers informed.
- Ensuring the completion of development and commercialization success criteria in terms of the execution of project work through the use of accepted work practices and approved documentation processes.
- Planning and managing products and the technical development of existing assigned products.
- Evaluating and selecting raw materials and equipment for assigned projects.
- Transferring knowledge of all new or modified processes and product improvements to QA and Production to ensure the products produced are in accordance with all related customer requirements.
- Controlling the data keeping system and ensuring it’s well-documented and easy to reference.
- Graduated Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the field of Design Engineer / Industrial Engineer / Process Engineer.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the field of New Product Development (NPD) / Industrial Engineer / Process Engineer in the plastic tubes business with 3 years working at a supervisory level.
- Strong experience in moulding / plastic injection.
- Good computer literacy and MS Project experience.
- Able to read-write Auto CAD drawings.
- Must have communication skills and job planning skills.
- Good at creating relationships within teams.
- Must have diligence, patience and the ability to work under pressure.
- Able to solve problems.
- Good communication, presentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Service minded, an outgoing personality and good presentation skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Our client offers a basic salary, group insurance, an annual bonus and a five day working week.