The Operations Manager reports directly to the Expat Regional Business Unit Director and is responsible for operational excellence in a multi-plant environment, including executing the organization’s vision emphasizing safety, continuous improvement and sustained business results.
- Controlling the implementation of local and corporate safety systems and procedures.
- Providing leadership in the area of EHS improvement and compliance to all environmental and government regulations. Preparing formal tactical and strategic plans that assure the successful implementation of the division’s strategy incorporating three key drivers: customer service, applications engineering, and customer-driven innovation.
- Employing appropriate resources to meet long and short term business plan commitments.
- Assisting in the development of employees to help them reach their professional goals and to provide for appropriate management succession.
- Developing and presenting annual profit plans (budget) and taking responsibility for the successful achievement of the plan.
- Coordinating functional activities of process / manufacturing engineering, operations, continuous improvement, supply chain and maintenance.
- Being responsible for insuring effective business processes in the areas of: customer order receipt to shipment and strategy development through effective execution.
- Working with other locations and executives to receive appropriate resources and to eliminate unnecessary roadblocks and to identify best source/delivery options.
- Working with other leaders to drive business growth and continuous improvement.
- Driving a culture of accountability and engagement at all levels.
- Providing input and co-leadership in developing plans and strategies regarding labour relations areas including self-directed work teams and negotiations.
- Creating, communicating and executing business strategies that ensure connection with the overall organisation’s strategy and ensures the success of the business.
- Developing strategic plans and providing direction to the Supply Chain Team. Developing goals and implementing action plans to develop global sourcing opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a relevant field.
- 5 to 10 years industrial management experience, preferably in the oil and gas.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Working Knowledge of ERP systems such as EPICOR or SAP.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Strong leadership skills and the ability to be a role model leader to the organization.