Our client was founded in 1993 with its headquarters in Bristol, UK. They are a leading independent supplier of specialty chemicals and gases worldwide. They are looking for candidates for the position of Operations Manager to lead the Thailand business operation team.
- Managing the health, safety and welfare of staff through all operational activities including establishing safe methods and systems, ensuring staff are trained to the necessary levels and are in compliance with legal and quality requirements in order to minimize risk, prevent incidents and protect the business.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement for quality, health and safety to achieve the level of on-going safety culture expected for a class leading chemical company.
- Directing and managing the refrigerant and industrial gas cylinder filling & processing staff and production staff, ensuring production is efficient and transport is in order to consistently deliver an excellent service and satisfy the needs and expectations of the business and customers.
- Directing and managing the environmental services staff ensuring achievement of targets and quality standards, in order to consistently deliver an excellent service and satisfy the needs and expectations of the business and customers.
- Directing and supporting the engineering staff, ensuring that commercial requirements are planned, organized and delivered and that engineering facilities and capabilities are appropriate, in order to maintain the company as a technical leader in the field.
- Leading, managing and motivating staff to ensure that processes are followed for development and training, disciplinary and grievance procedures and staff appraisals to secure a high level of performance and retain staff.
- Contributing to the development of the business strategy, business planning and execution to support the achievement of business goals and generate income.
- Collaborating with customer service staff, accounting staff and sales staff for refillable cylinder tracking & control, inventory control, stock take, import & export plan and forecast, ensuring that refillable cylinders are well controlled, stock discrepancy is minimized, regular stock count is carried and products are adequate.
- Coordinating with DIW, DLT, Customs, TISI, SAO and other relevant government organizations ensuring that all operations are compliance with required standards and regulations.
- Supporting the preparation of budgets and forecasts and manage costs, overheads and expenditure in line with these, identifying opportunities to reduce cost so that the business achieves or exceeds the budgeted profit
- Leading in and responding to the commercial needs of the business by developing operational activities ready for new product development.
- Ensuring good communication across the business, providing support to other departments with service improvements and consulting stakeholders on operations/engineering service improvements in order to ensuring both full functionality and continuous improvement of the business.
- Representing and promoting the business at external committees, boards, local regional and international events.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or chemical subject or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in operational/chemical processing and a warehouse environment
- Substantial experience of successfully leading a multi-disciplined team
- Have a detailed understanding of relevant industry standards such as TIS, etc.
- A sound understanding of regulated systems such as ISO 9000, 14000 and 18000
- Significant industrial safety experience
- Experienced in project and engineering management
- A sound understanding of and experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- English communication skill