The Plant Manager will report directly to ASEAN Industrial Director Country Manager Thailand and will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Take charge of day to day Operations of all activities in Cable and Casting factory.
- Take all necessary action to meet production targets, operating costs, product specifications and customer quality and service requirements.
- Improve the manufacturing efficiency of the company by increasing labor productivity and reducing raw material waste and scrap.
- Co-ordinate departments and individuals to create synergism of individual contribution and constantly review and advise current priorities.
- Conduct formal meetings with the Works Council and the Safety, Health and Environment Council at regular intervals and pre-determined dates.
- Coordinate engineering projects and process development to meet target dates and action plan milestones.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of the Annual Management plan and Budget.
- Assist in the review and negotiation of the union Collective Agreement as and when required.
- Organize monthly and annual stocktaking exercises and ensures the adequate supply of trained personnel to expedite stocktaking.
- Ensure all raw materials are labeled, stored, handled and controlled to the Quality Assurance Procedure and Health and Safety requirements.
- Report any deviations in operating procedure, manufacturing performance and action plans in the monthly Company Performance Report.
- Recruit and train sufficient labor to meet the sales volume and delivery dates, and sufficient engineering skills to maintain the plant at maximum efficiency.
- Ensure all departments under your control operate within the budget levels for labor and finance.
- Liaise with the Financial Controller and General Manager Commercial to ensure adherence to ‘Company Policies’ and recognizes “Codes of Practices” related to personnel matters.
- Perform any other duties as determined by the Country Manager, COO and which can be considered beneficial to the company and within your own capabilities, without detriment or injury to yourself.
- Bachelor's degree or Master in Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / IE) or its equivalent.
- At least 10 years’ experience in manufacturing operation, 5 years’ experience in Management level.
- Good command in English.
- Good with computer usage especially MS office, Excel.
- Good exposure and knowledge in QCC, 5S, Kaizen, JIT or lean manufacturing.
- Technical skills in production planning, scheduling, evaluation and management.
- Good with figures and computer usage. Prior working experience with MRP (SAP) system is desirable.
- Possess leadership, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has initiative and drive, with a strong sense of ownership in getting things done.