The Procurement Manager will be report directly to Thai General Manager and will be responsible for the following key functions.
- Sourcing new suppliers both locally and overseas for direct materials.
- Maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers.
- Issuing drawings and providing suppliers with information regarding requirements.
- Requesting quotations, reviewing and negotiating prices for localized parts including preparing cost estimations.
- Comparing the cost and quality of purchase products and making related decisions.
- Maintaining the supplier list for approval purposes.
- Issuing and following up on purchasing agreements with suppliers.
- Conducting trials and confirming the quality of sample parts with suppliers.
- Managing local parts production control and conducting process audits with suppliers.
- Controlling cost reduction and VA/VE activities with suppliers to achieve department targets.
- Auditing or reviewing the approved vendor’s performance with regards to quality, services and price.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Industrial Management, Engineering or a related field.
- At least 3-7 years’ experience as a purchasing engineer for direct and indirect materialfrom anautomotive manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of stock control, material planning and sourcing/negotiation procedures.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in cost analysis and VA/VE for cost reduction.
- Good command of spoken and written English and computer literacy.