Our client is one of the largest suppliers to the autumotive industry worldwide. They are a leading manufacturer of control technologies and provide engineered solutions to a wide range of markets. The company now requries a Production Manager.
- Ensuring production objectives are met within approved budget and according to schedules and quality specifications.
- Requisitioning tools, machines and equipment as needed to support production.
- Developing and maintaining a respectable image and achieving a high degree of credibility for the production team.
- Developing improvements in production methods, standards and procedures to ensure the effective use of resources.
- Maintaining equipment and machinery to optimise production output.
- Ensuring all procedures meet quality standards
- Maintaining a continuous improvement culture across the site which identifies and improves processes, systems and procedures
- Ensuring that health and safety is given the highest priority and that all activities comply withE, H & S standards and legislation
- Coordinating the resources available (operators, logistics, plant, equipment, raw materials) to ensure productivity is maximised
- Planning raw materials and ensuring that the finished goods are delivered on time.
- Managing 10 – 15 people (warehouse and production staff and supervisor).
- At least 5 years of experience as a production supervisor or being at a managerial level for 3 years at least.
- Experience of site turnaround and a track record of operational excellence.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong people-management background with the ability to influence at all levels. Must have excellent team building skills
- Strong customer / business focus with excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic, with high levels of energy and enthusiasm