- Being responsible for project management in Thailand and the Asia Pacific regions.
- Acting as a Project Leader, Module Leader and member of global project teams for automation projects.
- Managing the realization of CAPEX projects from the idea phase through until hand over to the internal customer.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of current and emerging technologies.
- Reviewing and evaluating proposed projects as requested to ensure optimum process and/or technology selection and complete scope inclusion.
- Maintaining and improving contractor safety performance.
- Planning and managing both minor and major capital projects.
- Creating detailed multidiscipline designs for minor projects including those relating to processes, mechanical, electrical and controls, as well as construction planning and budgeting, to enable the creation of capital requests.
- Ensuring the compliance with all related local, international, company design and construction standards.
- Meeting project deadlines by being a results oriented worker who drives for result achievement.
- Controlling project costs as per budgets.
- Sharing and building team knowledge.
- Communicating project details clearly to ensure understanding by project stakeholders as well as alignment with plant and business goals.
- Providing technical and/or leadership advice to task force teams that focuses on collaborative optimization to promote manufacturing excellence.
- Providing technical and/or leadership advice in relation to safety review exercises.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferably food related industry
- Minimum of 5 years as a Project Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of tapioca starch processing is a plus but some knowledge of chemical and food processing is a must.
- Expert knowledge in Process’ Mechanical and Electrical/Control.
- Able to analyse requirements and offer complete solutions.
- Able to read drawings including Flowsheet, P&ID, Civil, Architectural, Piping, Electrical Single Lines and Loop Diagrams.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office Suite (Words, Excel, Power Point, Project) products as well as AutoCAD).
- Good command of English.
Our client offers a benefits package including a fixed bonus, car allowance, housing allowance, medical insurance, a five day working week and the opportunity to work for a global company.