Our client’s company is a well-established chemical manufacturing business that has been operating for more than 30 years. The company is now seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Purchasing Manager.
- Handling all purchasing issues related to the company.
- Negotiating the best purchasing conditions that optimize cost whilst ensuring purchasing management policies and ethical regulations are applied.
- Managing purchasing and sourcing policies.
- Developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Implementing controls to ensure all units are adhering to these instructions, policies and procedures.
- Supporting procurement initiatives for the company.
- Reviewing purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Male or Female, age 35 years old and above.
- Good command of English and Mandarin.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in a purchasing role.
- Experience of working in a chemical processing manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Strong negotiation, leadership and communication skills.
- High level of initiative, good problem solving skills and able to build relationships.