The successful candidate will report to the Supply Chain Director and will be responsible for the following key functions;
- Leading the Procurement Department to work together as a single unit regardless of their physical plant location.
- Managing and developing the procurement of strategic materials, packaging materials, energy, spare parts, purchased glass, general contracts and supplier relationship.
- Developing the Procurement team and future successors, and supporting various special plant projects.
- Providing advice on the principles and mental models underlying MBM, and, leading by example in practicing MBM.
- Controlling the standardization of procedures, work instructions and full compliance of all related activities.
- Ensuring all materials are supplied with competitive costs to the plant.
- Developing the performance of suppliers to ensure compliance, product quality and delivery through regular KPIs.
- Developing potential suppliers & contractors, ensuring 100% compliance and integrity in relation to supply chain related areas.
- Developing and managing the organization structure, talent and skills required to achieve assigned goals on a sustainable basis, and, developing team members to achieve their career objectives.
- Leading the team to support upcoming plant projects associated with Procurement functions to ensure flawless launches.
- Working closely with the Regional Director and Functional team to improve Procurement efficiency.
- Ensuring an active and efficient participation in relation to purchasing resources.
- Ensuring all Procurement team related activities and projects are conducted in compliance with legal, regulatory and company policy, controls and standards.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any Engineering, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in direct purchasing and procurement fields with at least 5 years in management level.
- Proven success record of strategic sourcing and category management.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly political environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong computer skills (e.g. SAP, MS Offices) are essential.
- Fluent in English communication, both verbal and non-verbal.
Our client offers a competitive basic salary, a meal allowance, provident fund, variable bonus and transportation with a five day working week.