Our client is a leading construction management company with a significant presence in Thailand. Due to their current business expansion they are now looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join them in the position of Purchasing Manager – Construction.
- Managing purchasing and sourcing policies; developing and implementing purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Negotiating the best purchasing conditions that optimize costs whilst ensuring that purchasing management policies and ethical regulations are applied.
- Managing the development and validation of new suppliers and negotiating and obtaining the best possible prices, quality and service.
- Coordinating with design, construction, engineering and other related departments.
- Applying all purchasing tactics to come up with the best prices for the company, such as cost analysis, negotiations, volume discounts and relationship management.
- Monitoring and improving material costs and supplier performance.
- Supporting procurement initiatives and interfacing with strategic suppliers to solve problems involving pricing, supplier performance or any other matters that may arise whilst reviewing purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policies.
- Monitoring and controlling all purchasing procedures.
- Male or female, age 32-45 years old.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering.
- At least 5 years of procurement experience.
- Experience in construction management and property development.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- High level of initiative, problem solving skills and able to build relationships